How to tell if you have a water leak in your house?
- Unusual noises in your plumbing: air in the lines as a result of leaks can cause pinging or stuttering when a faucet is turned on.
- Wet spots: a leak in the pipes can cause wet spots on the walls and carpets. Drywalls can also begin to buckle as they absorb water.
- Sediments and rust in the water: since rust causes pipe leakage, sediments and rust particles in the water could indicate leakage.
- Presence of water loving bugs: the sight of water loving bugs can indicate increased humidity and dampness in your home. A water leak is most likely what’s attracting the bugs to begin with.
- Mildew or odor of decaying wood: when you suddenly start sighting mold inside your house, this means that there may be a leak. There could also be a leak if you notice the odor of mildew, decaying wood or that of stagnant water.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!